Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Prayer

Philippians 4:6-7 6) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7) And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ESV

My prayer life is not one that is the greatest. Although I strive to be one that prays all the time with out ceasing, there are some days that I just fall short. I keep going back to the verses above because when I get serious about my prayer time I realize more and more that the anxious feelings I have over any situation will quickly dissolve and peace floods through me. I can sit and stew about something all day long but that worry will do nothing but give me an ulcer. Daily I have to take my requests for myself and others to the Lord and let Him take care of them. Lets face it, He is so much better at being God than I am!

No comments: