Friday, October 23, 2009

Criticism

Oh I how I hate criticism! I believe we all do. I had a conversation with my dad earlier this morning about this very thing. He stopped doing certain things because of the criticism he was getting and instead of dealing with it and moving on and continuing to press forward he just stopped doing those things. So, he was defeated by the criticism and is now seeing that it has hindered progress in his life. It has hurt his self esteem.
I told him that sometimes we just have to deal with the criticism in our lives and continue to push forward.
I see it as a challenge. A challenge to improve on whatever it is I am being criticized for! There are times that it hurts so deeply that I become paralyzed. Then the fear creeps in slowly, undetected to those around me. I stand still and watch the world swirl about. After standing for what seems to be an eternity, I finally push through with God's word resounding with in me... "7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 1 Timothy 1:7
"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philipians 4: 6-7 (ESV)

These verses remind to push forward and continue on in what I know the Lord has called me to do.
No more letting fear or the fear of being criticized stop me from living life to the fullest!

No comments: